The tragedy and turmoil in Minneapolis this week coincides with international protection of civilians week. Civilians must be protected.
Although we do not have a field office in the US, NP is a part of a large network of people working on unarmed and nonviolent civilian protection around the world—including in the US. In addition to joining in the street protests, we are talking with community leaders about how we can be a resource at this time. This is a time for all of us to be actively anti-racist.
Especially when the news seems all bad, we are grounded in nonviolence and listening to local voices. We remind you that nonviolence is not passive. On the contrary - it is an extremely active verb.
Ways to take action now
Call and email decision-makers to let them know "The officers involved should be arrested for murder and jailed immediately."
- Minneapolis Mayor, Jacob Frey 612-673-3000
- Minneapolis Police Union, 612-788-8444
- Minneapolis Police Department of Internal Affairs, 612-673-3074
- Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension 651-793-7000
- Call or email Governor Walz, 651-201-3400, https://mn.gov/governor/contact/
Sign this petition