Supporting Civilians in Mindanao
Transforming the World's
Response to Conflict
Our mandates for implementing the peace process in BARMM include:
• Monitoring and reporting individuals’ concerns about safety.
• Protective accompaniment for civilians and organizations in areas of conflict, including NP team members accompanying hostage survivors to reunite with their families.
• NP supports the monitoring of the compliance and noncompliance of GPH-MILF to the ceasefire agreement.
• NP creates safe spaces for peaceful dialogue between different stakeholders in the country, including local institutions, for community-based conflict prevention and conflict resolution.
• Training local leaders and organizations in UCP methodologies for monitoring, unarmed peacekeeping, and civilian protection.